|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 14, 2019|
Director of Studies
Speak Up London is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Director of Studies to join its management team.
Speak Up London is a British Council accredited language school located in the heart of London. With average student numbers ranging from 200 to 400 per week, and with an ever-growing team, the school offers a vibrant, stimulating and sociable work environment.
The DoS will manage a team of 20-30 teachers. The DoS will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the academic programme and teacher development.
The successful candidate must have previous experience in EFL management and be able to manage a fast-paced work environment. An approachable manner, cool head under pressure and first-class organisational skills are essential. Good knowledge and awareness of the EFL industry in the UK, preferably in London, is also required.
Speak Up London offers General English, exam preparation, individual and closed group lessons, with classes running Monday to Friday and at weekends.
Successful candidates must have:
• Undergraduate/university degree
• TEFLQ diploma (e.g. DELTA or Grad Dip TESOL; MA ELT/TESOL – documented evidence of at least 5 hours of systematic observation of lessons by a qualified and standardised assessor will need to be submitted)
• Considerable experience of teaching EFL (both General English and exam classes) and ability to advise teachers on how to teach such groups
• Experience of managing staff
• Awareness of British Council accreditation requirements
• Ability to deliver CPD sessions
• Ability to work independently
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holiday allowance: 28 days including bank holidays.
Professional development - Monthly LonDoSa meetings; opportunities to attend management conferences
Being part of a close-knit team and having a direct impact on the schools growth and success
Regular social events
3 weeks' training
Working hours: Monday-Friday
Start date: February 2019
How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter outlining how you feel you meet the requirements of the post to Varinder Unlu at firstname.lastname@example.org