|Date Posted||April 17, 2019|
EFL/TEFL/ESL - Teacher/Instructor
|Website Application Form||http://www.teacherinternational.com|
TEFL TEACHER FOR YOUNG CHILDREN AGE 3+
Our very fun and thriving English school based in Xian are looking for dynamic, fun and enthusiastic teachers to join our new campus teaching children ages 3-16 in an engaging, safe, and effective manner.
If you are only just venturing into the world of teaching English and have no experience then look no further as we offer full training and the worldwide recognised ESL certification - fully paid for by us! For the more experienced candidates, we still offer monetary and other rewards towards whichever ESL qualifications you have already obtained. For all candidates experienced or not, we offer mentorship as well!
There is a large focus on professional development, so teachers will have opportunities to lead training sessions, complete projects for their centers, and become certified in different teaching fields with Cambridge University. Staff are also required to attend meetings and training provided throughout the year.
Teachers should be good team players who are capable of working in a multicultural center, and with individuals from all backgrounds.
We have eight centrally located schools and have a reputation as the best English Language Training company in the city.
In addition, we offer a continuous teacher development programme of training, observations and workshops. We greatly value our more experienced members of staff and encourage them to become involved in this.
We employ around 50 ex-pat teachers across our schools in Xian, which means that there’s always someone on hand to offer some teaching advice and support, or to go and grab a bite to eat with.
There is a fantastic support system and network of both ex-pat and local staff, meaning that our team is fully provided for in terms of both professional development and social opportunities. Teachers are never short of help and support at work, or of company and a full social life outside of work.
Xian is the second most visited city in China (the first being Beijing), mainly due to its status as home of the Terracotta Warriors and Capital of China for 13 dynasties. It’s also located right in the middle of the country, making it an excellent base from which to make the most of your paid vacation days!
Xian is an incredible place to live because it has the modern, cosmopolitan bustle of a major city and the charming, traditional, cultural side of more rural China Xian has the best of both worlds. It’s the ideal choice if you want somewhere historic, steeped in culture and thoroughly Chinese, without having to forgo easy travel, a convenient life and a home with all the mod cons! Xian is a really cheap city in which to live. The cost of living here is very low in comparison to other Chinese cities, so your pay check really goes a long way and building up savings is easy to do.
Contract/ What we offfer:
• Generous salary 10,000RMB – 15,500RMB (after tax) per month depending on qualifications and experience.
• Modern, well located, fully furnished accommodation provided.
• 22 days Paid holidays - 10 days plus major Chinese national holidays.
• Comprehensive medical insurance.
• Quarterly Appraisal bonus
• Loyalty bonus (For full contract re-signing)
• Z Visa and work permits paid for and arranged.
• Flight allowance
• Administrative assistants available at each center to help teachers with day to day necessities, important purchases etc
• Airport pickup and welcome dinner upon arrival.
• Various extra curriculum activities and social activities.
• Free Weekly Chinese lessons
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities
• Funded opportunities to take the Cambridge DELTA, Trinity Diploma and the Cambridge TKT exams.
• Flexible and caring management coupled with continuous teacher training and development.
• Annual staff retreat and Gala dinner party.
• Fantastic career development opportunities both here in Xi'an and as part of the world's largest private language school.
• Initial Onboarding: 2 weeks of comprehensive training alongside other new arrivals. This includes a thorough introduction to the courses, processes and procedures
• Mentor System: After initial training, you will be assigned a mentor. The mentor will proactively involve themselves to provide help, guidance and feedback in all aspects of the job from lesson planning, teaching and admin tasks.
• Self Study: All teachers have access to an online self-study program providing you with guidance and training in Classroom Management; Classroom Interactions; Motivating Students; Error Correction; Classroom Pace
• Additional qualifications: The school will provide and pay for additional internationally recognised Cambridge qualifications to enhance both your knowledge and classroom skills as well as stamping your CV with CPD.
• Quarterly Training: Each quarter you will receive additional training on key teaching topics such as Developing Phonics Skills; Teaching Grammar; Cognition in the Classroom
• Workshops: These focus on Classroom Skills; Sharing of Ideas and Activities; Developing Technical Teaching Knowledge
• Quarterly Appraisals: As well as regular informal feedback, 3 month formal appraisals and goal reviews provide an additional avenue for transparent feedback and performance based bonuses.
• Career Ladder: A clear 10-step ladder not only provides an opportunity for professional growth but also for developing lifelong skills and expertise.
• Logistics: Finding an apartment or setting up a bank account could not be easier with logistics support, ensuring a smooth relocation to China
• Chinese lessons: Optional and free weekly Chinese lessons as well as 1-to-1 tuition will ensure you learn the Chinese language in a comfortable and structured setting.
• Social and Community: Events include a weekly football league, badminton, cookery classes, bowling and trips to famous tea fields. In addition, there is an Annual Gala in formal attire with food, drinks, awards and performances.
Click to apply or send your CV and cover letter with a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please send your cv and cover letter with a recent photo to email@example.com