Come teach English at Meten.
You’ll have opportunity not just to teach adults English in a fun and interactive environment but share your culture and have a real impact and influence the students you teach, you will also have the opportunity to progress into management roles.
Our partner Meten International Education - one of the top 3 adult English training academy in China, with presence in over 27 cities in China, and over 100+ academy is hiring.
No matter if you are looking for a developed city like Beijing or Shanghai, or want to experience off the beaten track China like Yunnan, Chengdu, you can choose which Meten location to go to.
Meten caters to adults who wish learn English in a fun and interactive environment. Although Meten offers grammar and test/exam focused English teaching, what makes Meten stand out is their philosophy to language learning - it should be exciting and taught with the intention that students will use it in everyday life. In a way, when you become a Meten foreign language teachers, you are becoming a culture advocate and ambassador for your country and your culture. With pre-designed course text books designed by the team behind National Geographic, you can focus on student interaction.
THIS IS NOT JUST A WORK ABROAD OPPORTUNITY.
This is a TRAVEL OPPORTUNITY, CAREER PROGRESS LADDER and an opportunity to LEARN MANDARIN.
This is an opportunity to make lifelong friends with fellow work abroad teachers in one of the most innovative, fast paste, diverse country in the world. China is constantly changing, and its development is no way slowing down.
Location: pick from 27 cities in China!
We are looking for someone who’s:
• Fresh university/college graduates who are looking to explore abroad, China in particular
• Fresh education/teaching graduates who are looking to gain teaching experience
• Fresh Chinese language graduates who are looking to practice Mandarin Chinese
Perks of working in Meten:
• Pre-job training: Introduction Camp with fellow foreign teachers - make lifelong friends (5-7days)
• On-job training: Twice a month (Regional and National)
• Professional Training & Teaching Seminar: Usually for trainer position, 2-3 times a year
• Curriculum is already pre-designed
• The curriculum is designed and produced by National Geographic.
• Competitive salary between 12,000-18,000rmb depending on city and your qualification (opportunity for higher pay for applicants who are more experienced)
• Housing allowance 2,000-3,000rmb/month depending on qualification
• Quarterly performance bonus of 2,500rmb depending on performance
• Contract renew bonus of 3,000-6,000rmb
• Open class bonus of 200rmb per new student
• Prepaid 120-Hour TEFL Course
• Visa guidance, follow up and advise from Meten visa team
• Flight allowance up to 8000rmb
• Airport pickup
• Hotel arrangement upon arrival + 7 days paid hotel accommodation upon arrival
• Full Support in making the transition to China
Work Life Balance:
• 11 days Chinese National holidays+10 days of annual leave +1-day Christmas off
• On-going training and professional development
• Career development opportunities in teaching, course development, regional trainer
• 35 working hours per week.
• 2 days off every week, usually on weekdays.
• Prepare and fulfill English assessment for students.
• Make corresponding learning plan according to the level of each student.
• Be responsible for the teaching of English, including listening, speaking, writing, etc.
• Fulfill one to one teaching and adjust based on the different situation of each student as well as their requirements.
• Fulfill student activities with other colleagues
Two types of shift work:
• Morning shift: 9/10 AM – 5/6 PM
• Evening shift: 1/2 PM – 9/10PM
• Health and Accidental Insurance
• Support finding an accommodation
• Free mandarin lessons
• Pre-training: Orientation, Chinese culture, Mandarin, Teaching Methodology
• Apartment rent support
• City life intro and guidance
• Activities and engagement
How to Apply?
• Kindly send your updated CV at email@example.com with the subject: English Teacher Applicant – Referred by Dianne Lee
• After screening CVs, we will schedule the interview for qualified candidates.
• Please don’t forget to indicate who referred you to the position so they can help you follow up your application with the Head of HR at Meten Headquarters in Shenzen, China.
Do you want to know more about us? Feel free to visit the links below.
Meten’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MetenEDU/
Meten’s YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLcYIqPhJkRcadM5lt2Pnw
Meten’s Website: http://www.meten.com/
Current job openings at Meten International Education
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.