|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Heping district, Nanjing Street, China|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2020|
EFL/TEFL/ESL - Teacher/Instructor
Ignition Education Institution is looking for responsible and passionate teachers to teach English as a second language to Chinese children in the metropolis Tianjin, China.
The post requires you:
· To be able to teach pupils in the age range 3-6 years-old.
· Have high expectations of children and a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with them.
· Demonstrate the positive values, attributes and behaviour you expect from children.
· Be aware of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which they work.
· Be aware of the policies and practices of the school and share collective responsibility for their implementation.
· Communicate effectively with children, young people, colleagues, parents and carers.
· Act upon advice and feedback and be open to coaching and mentoring.
Professional Knowledge and Understanding
· Have a range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and know how to use and adapt them, including how to personalise learning and provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential.
· Know the assessment requirements and arrangements for the subjects/curriculum areas they are trained to teach, including those relating to public examinations and qualifications
· Be informed of a range of approaches to assessment, including the importance of formative assessment.
· To follow assessment guidance set out in the whole school assessment policy.
· Know how to use skills in literacy, Numeracy and ICT to support your teaching and wider professional activities e.g. planning and assessment.
· Understand how children develop and that the progress and well-being of learners are affected by a range of developmental, social, religious, ethnic, cultural and linguistic influences.
· Know how to make effective personalised provision for the children you teach and how to take practical account of diversity and promote equality and inclusion in your teaching.
· Know how to identify and support children whose progress, development or well-being is affected by changes or difficulties in their personal circumstances, and when to refer them to colleagues for specialist support.
· Assess the learning of those you teach and set challenging learning objectives.
· Plan and teach lessons and sequences of lessons that are well organised, demonstrating secure subject knowledge relevant to curricula across the age and ability range for which you are trained.
· Use a range of teaching strategies and resources including e-learning, taking practical account of diversity and promoting equality and inclusion.
· Provide homework to sustain learner’s progress and consolidate their learning.
· Make effective use of a range of assessment, monitoring and recording strategies.
· Provide daily, accurate and constructive feed back on learner’s attainment, progress and areas for development.
· Support and guide learners to reflect on their learning, identify progress they have made and identify their emerging learning needs.
· Work as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues, sharing the development of effective practice with them.
· Ensure colleagues (e.g. Teaching Assistants) working with you, are appropriately involved in supporting learning and understand the roles they are expected to fulfill.
· Advising and co-operating with staff on the preparation and delivery of courses of study, teaching materials and programs, methods of teaching and assessments.
Please note this position is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure. Our company is committed to equality and diversity. The institution is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The completed application form, together with a letter of introduction and an up-to-date CV, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org