To whom it may concern,
I am a British national with a Bachelors in English Literature and Language. It is my objective to secure a position as an English teacher at your educational institute. I have over 5 years of experience in education and have taught students of several different grade levels in English grammar and literature.
For the past several years, I have taught English in international schools in Middle Eastern countries such as Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain. In this time, I have developed several different strategies to capture my students’ attention and share with them my passion for Literature and language. I aspire to create a fun, engaging learning environment for my students, and I would relish the opportunity to do this at your school.
A few of my other teaching highlights include:
- Taught English as Second Language (ESL) in Thailand in the summer of 2019 (May-Aug).
- Won ‘Best Senior Study Project’ from the English department in my university.
- Taught Social Studies for 3 years and created engaging lessons that include hands on activities/projects- Al Faris School, SABIS International School, and Academic City International School. (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia).
- Certificate of Completion in ‘Cambridge, English as a Second Language’ course (2020).
- TEFL Certificate from The TEFL Academy- 168 hours, internationally recognized (in process of completion by Sept 2020).
- Continually facilitate an open, consistent, and nurturing learning environment where students are motivated to learn and driven by their own successes and accomplishments.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies, including whole/small group instruction, differentiated, individualized attention, inquiry-based learning, and exploratory learning in order to make sure students of all learning abilities are successful.
I am an upbeat, dedicated teacher with lots of energy and great communication skills. I am able to develop relationships with students at a personal level and not just academically. With a strong focus on developing relationships with people I have, in every instance, been able to quickly develop a rapport with not only students, but also staff and parents. I have always prided myself on being able to fit in and get along with others. With the assistance of all kinds of resources available these days, I love integrating online platforms to conduct reading and writing workshops and inspire students to have an appreciation for the English language and literature. Due to my vast experience and skill set, I know I would be an immediate asset to your school.
I would love the opportunity to meet/speak with you to discuss employment in further detail. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
|Last Resume Update||November 16, 2020|
|Address||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|